I’m not sure if you’re aware, but I am going to Australia in…23 days. And in my head, I am going to spending most of my time in a bikini…and I am not bikini ready.
Usually I would just do a quick shave but after several cases of ingrown hair nightmares, I gathered all my courage and booked my first ever bikini wax. Needless to say, I was terrified. A friend said if you take a paracetamol before hand it helps a bit, so I took three as I am terrible with pain!
Here are some of the thoughts I had throughout the entire process…
- Why am I doing this? Is it reallllyy that noticeable? *quick check in toilets* Oh god..very noticeable
- I’ll just have a quick search to see what other people say about the pain…
- That was a stupid idea
- I’ll be ok
- What would Beyoncé do?
- Beyoncé doesn’t have bikini line issues, she is obviously a hairless goddess.
- Do you think the waxing lady can tell how nervous I am?
- Prettyyy sure I have told her this is my first time like 4 times now
- There must be a more elegant way to get on to a therapy table?
- I would like to formally apologise for the hideous state you have to deal with *nervous laugh*
- Dear god that is hot
- Ok..Here we go, I can do this… OWWWWWWW
- Jesus Christ that hurt
- How much more could she need to remove?!
- Oh God, she still has to do the other side
- OWW OWW OWW
- Ohh this soothing cream is so soothing..so much better
- We’re done now right? No more waxing?
- I survived!
- Okayyy, that wasn’t tooooo bad
- Now to try and get back off the table… *falls off* Nailed it.
- Ohhh good. My leg seems to be sticking to my bum as I walk. I look like I have some sort of weird limp. Awesome.
So, what have I learnt from my first ever bikini wax?
For starters, it does hurt. I took 3 paracetamol and I can’t imagine what the pain would have been like if I hadn’t, but, the pain was bearable and only last for a few seconds, so I would be willing to go through it again to be hair free for a few weeks.
After words it was all very red and a little bit sore, but this morning it looks great and there is no sign of a rash developing which is what usually happens.
I don’t think I would go back to that salon though. She applied the wax via a heated squeezy tube which isn’t very hygienic. Wax should be applied from a heated container using a clean stick for each application. Otherwise you risk getting all sorts of infections as who knows where that squeezy tube has been before!
I hope my mad ramblings have helped anyone who has been considering getting there first bikini wax. It’s really not all that bad and you can totally get through it! Be brave, count to ten, and it’ll be over before you know it!